- PRIVACY STATEMENT
- PURPOSE OF OUR POLICY
- A NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN
- If you are under the age of 18, you may not use the Website. Above all, we do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has used our Website and provided Personal Data to us, please contact us, and we will work to delete that information from our databases.
- THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- In the course of business it is necessary for us to collect the Personal and Non-Personal Data. This information allows us to identify who an individual is for the purposes of our business, contact the individual in the ordinary course of business and transact with the individual. We require this information in order to verify the identity of our Users, to protect our customers, and to ensure the integrity of the Website.
- We will collect Personal Data from you only if you, or an authorized individual, whom you have authorized to share data about you (the “Authorized Agents) voluntarily submit such information to us. You and/or the Authorized Agent can refuse to supply Personal Data, except that it may prevent you from engaging in certain website related activities or accessing parts of the Website.
- Without limitation, the types of information we may collect are:
(b) Communications and Workflow. We may collect information about a User’s work habits, activity and communications when the User uses the Website. This includes, without limitation, messages and communications within the platform between Users.
(c) Contact Information. We may collect information like your email address, telephone, and other information that allows us to contact you and is also considered Personal Data under Delaware Law;
(d) Financial Information. We may collect financial information related to an individual such as any bank or credit card details used to transact with us and other information that allows us to transact with the individual and/or provide them with our Website;
(e) Personal Data. We may collect personal details such as your name, location, street address, gender, occupation, interests, messages you send to users, any other data included in a submitted profile, and other information defined as “Personally Identifiable Information” that allows us to identify who you are. We may utilize this information in order to adapt our Website to Users’ needs or to develop new tools for the community;
(f) Social Media Information. We may collect twitter, Facebook or other social media Usernames if you connect to these social networks through the Website;
(g) Statistical Information. We may collect information about an individual’s online and offline preferences, habits, movements, trends, decisions, associations, memberships, finances, purchases and other information for statistical purposes;
- HOW INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
- Most information is collected in association with your use of the Website. In particular, information is likely to be collected as follows:
(a) Account. When you open an account on the application and submit your personal details, or when you enter Personal Data details through another process in order to receive or access something;
(b) Contact. When you contact us in any way.
(e) Flash LSOs. When we post videos, third parties may use local shared objects, known as “Flash Cookies,” to store your preferences for volume control or to personalize certain video features. Flash Cookies are different from browser Cookies because of the amount and type of data and how the data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash Cookies.
(f) Forums & Other Interactive Websites. Our site may include discussion forums or other interactive areas or Websites, including blogs, chat rooms, bulletin boards, message boards, noticeboards, online hosting or storage Websites, or other areas or Websites in which you or third parties create, post or store any content, messages, comments, materials or other items on the sites ("Interactive Areas"). If you use an Interactive Area, you should be aware that these areas are open to the public and any personal information you post or provide at registration may be viewable by others. We are not responsible for personal information you submit in connection with the Interactive Areas, nor are we responsible for how others might use that information, including to send you unsolicited messages. Interactive Area postings may be retained indefinitely. If at any time you would like to remove a posting, please contact here. Keep in mind that removal of a posting from an Interactive Area does not mean that the posting will be deleted from our systems.
(i) Payment. When an individual submits their details to open a payment account or make a payment.
(l) Third Party Links. Our Websites may contain links to third party websites. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personally identifiable information from you. If you submit personal information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy policies. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personally identifiable information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
(m) Uploads. When you upload or generate User Content, such as photos, videos, text, comments, using our Website.
- We understand that there are many circumstances in which we may collect information, and we work hard to ensure that you are always aware when your Personal Data is being collected.
- THE SAFETY & SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Data Hosting. We are committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We also require you to enter a password to access your Account information. Please do not disclose your Account password to unauthorized people. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we use reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data, Hired cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Third Party Use. We are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of any third party; this includes third parties to whom we are permitted to disclose your Personal Data in accordance with this policy or any applicable laws. The collection and use of your information by these third parties may be subject to separate privacy and security policies.
- Unauthorized Access. If you suspect any misuse, loss of, or unauthorized access to your Personal Data, you should let us know immediately at email@example.com.
- Authorized Use. We are not liable for any loss, damage, or claim arising out of another person’s use of the Personal Data where we were authorized to provide that person with the Personal Data.
- WHEN WE CONTACT USERS
- Special Offers and Updates. We send all new users a welcoming email to verify their new account and confirm their password and username. Established users will occasionally receive information on products, Website, special deals, and a newsletter. Out of respect for the privacy of our users we present the option to not receive these types of communications. Customers can unsubscribe via the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of each email.
- Website Announcements. On rare occasions it is necessary to send out a strictly Website related announcement. For instance, if our Website is temporarily suspended for maintenance we might send users an email. Generally, users may not opt-out of these communications, though they can deactivate their account. However, these communications are not promotional in nature.
- Customer Website. We communicate with users on a regular basis to provide requested Website and in regards to issues relating to their account.
- WHEN PERSONAL INFORMATION IS USED & DISCLOSED
- Time Period. We may retain your Personal Data as long as you continue to use our Website. You may close your account by contacting us, but we may retain Personal or Non-Personal Data for an additional period as is permitted or required under applicable laws. Even after we delete your Personal Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for an additional period of time.
- Agents, Consultants, and Related Third Parties. Like many businesses, we sometimes have companies perform certain business-related functions for us. These companies include our marketing agencies, database Website providers, backup and disaster recovery Website providers, email Website providers, and others. When we engage another company, we may provide them with information including Personal Data, so they can perform their designated functions.
- Business Operations. Your Information is used to operate our business. These business operations may include:
(a) The provision of Website between you and us;
(b) Verifying your identity;
(c) Communicating with you about:
i. Your relationship with us;
ii. Our goods and Websites;
iii. Our own marketing and promotions to users and prospects;
iv. Competitions, surveys and questionnaires;
- IP Address. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our website. We do not link your IP address which accesses our website to any personal information. We use tracking information to determine which areas our site users visit based on traffic to those areas. Storylines Inc. does not track what individual users read, but rather how often each page is visited. This helps us maintain a superior and informative website for you.
- Improve Customer Website. Information you provide helps us respond to your customer Website requests and to support your needs more efficiently.
- Payments. We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide Website to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the Website.
- Personalize Your Experience. We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the Website.
- Public Profile. Certain portions of the information you provide to us may also be displayed in your Profile. As an essential element of the Website, some of the Personal Data you explicitly provide to us when you register or update your Profile is displayed on your Profile. Once you have posted information publicly, while you will still be able to edit and delete it on the Site, you will not be able to edit or delete such information cached, collected, and stored elsewhere by others (e.g., search engines).
- Site Improvement. We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and Website.
- User Testimonials and Feedback. We often receive testimonials and comments from users who have had positive experiences with our Website. We occasionally publish such content. When we publish this content, we may identify our users by their first and last name and may also indicate their home city. We obtain the user’s consent prior to posting his or her name along with the testimonial. We may post user feedback on the Site from time to time. We will share your feedback with your first name and last initial only. If we choose to post your first and last name along with your feedback, we will obtain your consent prior to posting you name with your feedback. If you make any comments on a blog or forum associated with your Site, you should be aware that any Personal Data you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these blogs and forums.
- Disclosure. There are a few circumstances where we must disclose an individual’s information:
(a) Where we reasonably believe that an individual may be engaged in fraudulent, deceptive, or unlawful activity that a governmental authority should know about;
(b) To protect the rights, property, or personal safety of another user or any member of the public;
(c) As required by any law; or,
(d) In the event we sell our business and may need to transfer Personal Data to a new owner.
- Non-Disclosure. We promise not to disclose or sell your Personal Data to unrelated third parties under any circumstances, ever. We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal identification information to others.
- DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
- We do not currently respond to "do not track" signals or other mechanisms that might enable consumers to opt out of tracking on our site.
- HOW TO UPDATE INFORMATION
- If you would like to review or revise information that you previously provided to us, you may access your information in the "My Account" section of the website. Storylines can also assist you in making any changes, as well as in exercising your right to have your personal information deleted. If you need additional assistance, please contact us here. You can expect a response from us within 10 calendar days. Please be advised that you cannot change your username without re-registering.
- YOUR CHOICES REGARDING INFORMATION
- Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies from our Website for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Website or all functionality of the Website. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify Cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided below.
- De-Linking SNS. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to have your SNS account (e.g., Facebook) linked to your Account, then you may de-link the SNS account in the “preferences” section in your account settings. You may also manage the sharing of certain Personal Data with us when you connect with us through an SNS, such as through Facebook Connect. Please refer to the privacy settings of the SNS to determine how you may adjust our permissions and manage the interactivity between the Website and your social media account or mobile device.
- COMPLAINTS AND DISPUTES
- If we have a dispute over handling of your Personal Data, we will first attempt to resolve the issue directly between us.
- If we become aware of any unauthorized access to your Personal Data we will inform you at the earliest practical opportunity, once we have established what was accessed and how it was accessed.
- INTERNATIONAL PRIVACY LAWS
- ADDITIONS TO THIS POLICY
- CONTACTING US
This document was last updated on December 14, 2017